BIKE SATURDAYS | Discover great deals and delicious discounts at local shops and eateries when you bicycle to shop and dine on Saturdays! Every Saturday, more than 170 businesses in Long Beach offer deals to customers that opt to bicycle instead of drive. Click on the Bike Saturdays bar to your right and see what’s in store for you!
Want to be a Bike Saturdays business?
This is the perfect time to sign up! For a limited time, Bike Saturdays will be featured in a multi-media advertising campaign throughout Long Beach, absolutely FREE for participating businesses! So don’t delay, sign up and become a Bike Saturday business today.
What are the advantages of participating as a Bike Saturdays business?
Promoting bicycling is a cost-effective strategy to improve a business’ bottom-line. There is a proven “bike local, buy local connection” that increases greater awareness of businesses within the community when people are traveling on foot and by bike.
What exactly is Bike Saturdays?
Bike Saturdays is an incentive program to encourage Long Beach residents and visitors to travel by bike and to patronize local businesses.
All businesses have to do is sign up for the program online at: www.bikelongbeach.org/signupbikesaturdaybusinesses and put a special Bike Saturdays decal in their storefront which lets customers know they are participating in the program.
Why should my business participate in Bike Saturdays?
- FREE advertising for a limited time on news websites and area publications.
- Bike Saturday businesses receive a free listing and map location on Bike Long Beach’s website for all bicyclists to see.
- Businesses can also post bike-related events on the Bike Long Beach events calendar.
- Attract more customers by fostering a safer & friendlier environment. More people on bikes means “more feet on the street,” creating a safer, more inviting area for people to shop and dine.
Create more parking for your driving customers. Bicyclists ease traffic and parking congestion, while reducing air pollution. This frees up parking spaces for customers who must drive.
- Be an active part in being a solution to a healthier & happier community! Bike Saturdays helps people save money on services, parking, and gas. And, bicycling residents are healthier, decreasing the chance of heart disease, building muscle and stamina, and reducing stress.